True Confession ~
What is in your CD case Dj?  



When my husband, Rodney, and I bought our 2015 Nissan Sentra it came with Sirius XM (which I looooove!) so I haven't really pulled out any cd's to listen to lately.  The last time I did was when we took a trip down to Beaver, Utah to visit Rodney's mother, and that was months ago. 

So here goes...

In the first spot we have Imagine Dragons "Night Moves" (excellent)
Image result for imagine dragons cd

Next we have two Better Than Ezra cds.  "Deluxe" is my favorite BTE cd. 


 Years ago when I moved from Boise, Idaho to Mesa, Arizona BTE's "Deluxe" got a lot of play.  And again just a few months later when we high-tailed it out of Arizona back to Idaho in December in the middle of a snow storm.   It was great to be back home in Idaho!!

Sorry...I digress...moving on...

What case is complete without some real 90's rock-n-roll??  So, of course, next comes Creed "Greatest Hits"


Not quite sure how OneRepublic "Native" ended up next to Creed...hmmm...mind bender.

Image result for confusion

Next we have not one...not two...but three Need To Breathe cds.  I pull them out when I need to get connected to my Lord and Savior.  A little further down in my case I have Mercy Me, Switchfoot, Lifehouse and Todd Agnew, also great for getting your spiritual groove on. 

Next to the third Need to Breathe cd there is Queen "Greatest Hits"  (Aren't they all great???)



I would have to say that my favorite Queen song is "Fat Bottomed Girls".  I can relate...

Image result for big butt


Next, we get to my mother's influence on me when I was growing up; Simon & Garfunkel, Neil Diamond (there are three as well) and John Denver.  I thought that I had a Barbara Streisand cd, but I guess not.  I have to admit that one of my very favorite cds is Neil Diamond "Love at the Greek" (I have actually worn out two copies of it and am now on my third).   


I saw Neil Diamond in concert twice; once in San Diego, CA back in the 1980's and again with my oldest daughter, Ashley (who also owns a copy of "Love at the Greek"), 10 years later in Boise, Idaho.  Both times he put on an AWESOME show.  

Image result for Neil Diamond

In the wake of his Parkinson's announcement causing him to stop touring let's have a moment of silence...


...moving on...

There are two R.E.M. cds next; "The Best of R.E.M." and "Eponymous".  Both great albums!  "Radio Free Europe" was one of the first slightly New Wave songs that I remember hearing on the radio back in the day. 

Next we have two Incubus cds. 


 I saw Incubus in concert outside the Ford Idaho center in Nampa, Idaho.  They were A..M..A..Z..I..N..G!!  I was really surprised when I ran into my baby sister, Saundra, there at the concert.  Neither of us knew the other was going.  It was a very weird deja vu thing...

Image result for deja vu


Next I have some real rock cds; Billy Idol "Greatest Hits" and INXS "The Best of INXS" 


And to round it out we have Bruce Springstein "Born in the USA" and Aerosmith "The Millennium Collection"


And that's all I have in my case for now.  There are a few empty spots.  I used to have a Bon Jovi "Slippery When Wet" and Def Leppard "Hysteria" and I think even a Journey cd, but they have vanished into thin air.
   
                                  Image result for vanished into thin air



Please leave me your comments of which cds you have in your case and why, especially if you have the same as mine.   Thanks for stopping by...


Image result for thank you



~Dj 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rolling Stone Magazine's Top 100 Drummers of all Time - In My Opinion