My Introduction to the Music of Muse

(dedicated to my dear, sweet granddaughter Chasity)

Image result for muse


There is a channel on YouTube called watchmojo.com that gives top 10 lists.  Top 10 Singers That Sold Out, Top 10 Drummers of All Time, Top 10 80's Hair Bands, etc. Anything you can think of (and some things that you never thought about thinking about).

One day at work a top 10 list came into my YouTube feed called "top 10 Inspirational People With Autism or Asperger Syndrome.  I thought of my granddaughter, Chas, who received the same diagnosis several years ago.  I gave it a listen.  Among the people listed were Daryl Hannah, Dan Akroid and Susan Boyle.  I knew who they are so no big surprise there.  Then came #5, a kid from California named James Durbin.  He was a contestant on the 2011 season of American Idol, and man...can that kid wail!



One of the songs that he performed was "Uprising" by Muse.  He came onto the stage through a tunnel with a drum corp (no big secret that I love the drums).  I loved the song and promptly looked up Muse on YouTube so I could hear the original version. 

Image result for wow

I listened to every Muse song I could find.  I was hooked.  I heard "Uprising" (of course, my favorite), "Dig Down", "Psycho", "Madness", and the list goes on.  I read articles about Muse and lead singer, Matt Bellamy, guitarist Chris Wolstenholm and drummer Dom Howard and listened to  interviews.     

If you get a chance you should give them a listen.  You won't be sorry....

Unfortunately, James Durbin did not make the final 3 contestants in his season of American Idol, which I think is a rip off.  Apparently, Jennifer Lopez agreed.  He is #1 with me!

http://www.mlive.com/tv/index.ssf/2011/05/american_idol_2011_results_jam.html







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rolling Stone Magazine's Top 100 Drummers of all Time - In My Opinion